- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 large potatoes, such as King Edward or Desirée
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped (use some of the green parts for colour)
- 2 clove garlic, grated with a fork
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- smoked salmon
- soured cream
1. Coarsely grate the potatoes. Press dry between layers of paper towels.
2. Combine the onion, spring onions, garlic and eggs in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Whisk this into the onion mixture.
4. Add the potatoes and parsley, mixing well.
5. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drop dollops of the potato mixture into the pan, flattening with a wide spatula to form discs about 1cm thick. Fry for 5-6 minutes per side until well browned and crisp.
6. Serve with smoked salmon and soured cream.
Rate This Recipe