- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 900 g potatoes, par-boiled in their skins, cooled, peeled and thinly sliced
- 200 ml double cream
- 500 g rocket
- 1 tsp freshly ground salt and black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp flour, for dusting
- 600 g puff pastry
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 4 small individual goats' cheese
1. In a heavy-based pan, heat the olive oil and butter and cook the shallots for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the sliced potatoes, pour over the cream and cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
3. Add the rocket, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and remove from the heat. The temperature of the other ingredients will be enough to wilt the rocket sufficiently.
4. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
5. On a lightly floured surface roll out two-thirds of the puff pastry to a thickness of about 3mm.
6. Lightly butter a 20cm cake tin and line with the pastry, pinching up the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash and fill the centre with the potato and rocket mixture.
8. Slice or crumble the goat's cheese and scatter over the top.
9. Roll out the rest of the pastry to a thickness of about 5mm and lay over the top to make a lid. Pinch the edges together to seal well, remove any excess pastry and egg wash.
10. Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 45 minutes until golden.
11. When cooked, carefully unmould the pie and serve whole.
Rate This Recipe