- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g pink fir potatoes
- 100 ml crème fraîche or soured cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 50 g caviar, preferably Ocietra or Sevruga
- 1 lobster, cooked and jointed
- 4 small handfuls lamb's lettuce
- 2 tsp sherry vinaigrette
1. Wash the potatoes and put in a pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Drain.
2. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into ½cm slices. Keep warm.
3. Combine the crème fraîche, mayonnaise and chives in a bowl. Season with pepper and mix well.
4. Add the potatoes and toss gently to coat each slice. Add three-quarters of the caviar and in mix very gently, lifting the potato slices so as not to break the caviar.
5. Spoon the potato and caviar salad into the centre of the plates and top with the remaining caviar. Arrange the lobster on top.
6. Toss the lamb's lettuce in the vinaigrette and arrange around the potato and caviar salad. Serve.
Rate This Recipe