- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 750 g potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced on the diagonal
- 200 g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 stalks celery, cut into 3cm batons
- 1 small handfuls coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 spring onions, thickly sliced on the diagonal
Tips and Suggestions
This salad makes a good match with Bill Grangers spicy beer-battered fish with mint chutney .
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add the green beans to the pan 2 minutes before the potatoes are ready.
2. Meanwhile, heat a sturdy frying pan over a low heat and toast the mustard seeds for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove from the pan to a small bowl to prevent burning. Whisk the olive oil, lime juice and turmeric with the mustard seeds and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drain the potatoes and beans, setting the beans aside. Put the potatoes in a serving bowl and pour half the dressing over them while still hot. Mix gently and leave to cool.
4. Stir the green beans, green pepper, celery, coriander and spring onions into the potatoes along with the remaining dressing.
Rate This Recipe