- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 675 g new potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Spanish mayonnaise
- black pepper
1. Put the new potatoes in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and leave to simmer.
2. In a separate pan, fry the chopped bacon - no need to add any oil, the bacon will cook in its own fat. When cooked, remove from the pan and sweat the onions in the remaining bacon fat.
3. When cooked, drain the potatoes and put them in a large serving bowl, then add the mayonnaise, stirring until the potatoes are completely coated. Next, add the Spanish mayonnaise, again stirring until covered.
4. Add the sweated onions and most of the bacon (be sure to save a little for garnish). Season to taste and stir gently to combine.
5. Before serving, sprinkle the reserved bacon on top of dish.
Rate This Recipe