- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 100 g caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- seeds from 1 vanilla pods
- zest of 1 lemons, grated
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tbsp instant mashed potato
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds, to garnish
For the base:
- butter, for greasing
- a light dusting of caster sugar
- 500 g mixed frozen fruits, efrosted
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp sugar
- juice of ½ lemons
1. Set the oven 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cream together 25g of the sugar with the egg yolks.
2. Add the vanilla seeds and lemon zest then beat well until the mixture is fluffy.
3. Whip the egg whites in a clean bowl with the remaining sugar, until they form soft peaks.
4. Stir the instant potato into the egg yolk mixture and then fold the whisked egg whites in.
5. Brush a little melted butter around an ovenproof dish, and then sprinkle with a little caster sugar.
6. Cover the base with a layer of the fruit, and then drizzle over the brandy, sugar and lemon juice.
7. Using a piping bag fitted with a star tube nozzle, pipe the soufflé omelette over the sugared fruits, building the soufflé higher around the sides, filling the centre with more fruits.
8. Place into the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, until cooked.
9. Garnish with toasted almonds and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe