- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 large elongated potatoes, such as Wilja or Estima
- 4 sea bass, weighing about 175g each
- ½ sprig of thyme, chopped
- ½ sprig of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp chives, hopped
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Using a mandolin with a straight blade, slice the potatoes lengthways to make long thin strips. Do not put them in water or they will loose some of their starch component. Lay the potatoes on a board, overlapping one another like fish scales (about 5 slices wide).
3. Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels. Place the fillets on the potatoes and roll up so that the potato scales wrap the fish. Season with the chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
4. Heat the oil and butter in an oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat. Sear the fish on the side where the potatoes overlap to seal the wrapping. When well sealed, turn the fish around and sear the other side.
5. Transfer to the oven for 7 minutes to finish cooking.
6. Remove from the oven and drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe