- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g butter, at room temperature
- 20 g finely chopped shallots
- 25 g chopped chives
- 10 g chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp Maldon sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 3 tsp ground blade mace
For the potted shrimp
- 60 g brown shrimps, cooked and peeled
- 30 g butter
- English muffins, halved and toasted
- 1 lemon wedge
Tips and Suggestions
Potted shrimp also goes well with Nigels recipe for a wild garlic salad. The recipe for blade mace butter will yield approximately nine portions cover with clingfilm and refrigerate if not using immediately.
1. For the blade mace butter: whip the butter with an electric mixer for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in all of the remaining butter ingredients and season to taste.
2. For the potted shrimp: pack the shrimps into a small pot or ramekin.Spread the butter over the top of the shrimps, covering them completely. Put into the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
3. When ready to serve, heat the oven to 160C/gas 3. Place the potted shrimp into the oven to warm for 30 seconds. Stir the shrimps with a teaspoon.
4. To serve, place on a wooden platter with the toasted muffin halves and a lemon wedge.
Rate This Recipe