- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potted cheese
- 275 g soft goats' cheese
- 1/2 lemon, grated zest only
- 1 tbsp chervil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
For the chutney
- 25 g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 apples
- 4 figs, sliced
- 4 tbsp apple juice
- soft dark brown sugar, preferably muscovadoto taste
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- bunch chervil
- crusty bread
1. To make the potted cheese, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Taste and season with black pepper. Cover and set aside in a cool place.
2. For the chutney, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook gently for 10 minutes until softened, but not coloured.
3. Add the apples, figs and apple juice and cook gently for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the sugar and vinegar to taste - the flavour should be a nice, even balance of sweet and sour. Season with a little salt and pepper and keep warm.
5. To serve, place a spoonful of potted cheese in the middle of each plate. Serve a little warm chutney around the side. Decorate with a little chervil and eat with warm, crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe