- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 450 g cooked small brown shrimps, peeled
- good pinch of ground mace
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
For the Melba toast:
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- butter, for spreading
1. Lightly grease four 150ml ramekins with butter and place in the freezer to chill.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the 150g of butter, shrimps, mace, lemon juice, parsley and a good grinding of black pepper.
3. Press the shrimp mixture into the ramekins and chill in the fridge.
4. Just before serving, make the Melba toast. Toast the bread on both sides. Cut through each slice between the two toasted sides, so you end up with eight very thin pieces. Scrape any soft bread from the surface. Spread with butter and toast again. The toast will then curl up.
5. Turn out the shrimp mixture onto serving plates and serve with the warm Melba toast.
Rate This Recipe