- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes for toast
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potted Stilton
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 200 g stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp port
- 1 tbsp green peppercorns
- 4 leaves parsley
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- toasted rye or sourdough bread
- mixed salad leaves
1. Mash the butter and Stilton together with a fork.
2. Add the port and peppercorns and mash until thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper and a touch of salt.
3. Spoon into 4 ramekins and push down to create a smooth surface. Push a parsley leaf into the top of each one and then cover with clarified butter. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Remove the pots from the fridge and leave for 20 minutes to reach room temperature. Serve with the toasted bread and mixed leaves.
Rate This Recipe