- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp flour
- black pepper
- 1.5 kg free range corn fed chicken, cut into quarters
- 25 g butter
- 25 ml olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 18baby onions, peeled
- 100 ml madeira
- 1 black truffle, finely chopped
- 50 ml double cream
- creamy mashed potato, to serve
1. Season the flour and dust the chicken pieces in it.
2. Heat the butter and oil together in a large casserole dish and fry the chicken, skin side down, until dark golden.
3. Turn the chicken over and repeat.
4. Remove the chicken from the casserole and add in the shallots and baby onions. Fry until golden
5. Stir in the Madeira and chopped truffle.
6. Place the chicken back into the casserole and season the mixture. Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
8. Increase the heat and bring the sauce up to boiling point. Add the cream and bubble for 3-4 minutes or so, until slightly reduced.
9. Slice the chicken and serve with the sauce and some creamy mashed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe