- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 4 poussins, rinsed and dried with paper towel
- 1 pinches sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, optional
For the spicy corn salad
- 350 g fresh kernels of sweetcorn, cut from two corn cobs
- 200 g green beans, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 1 cm pieces
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1 pinches freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 red peppers, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 7 g fresh coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7. Season the poussin liberally with sea salt and freshly ground pepper inside and out. Thinly slice the lime and squeeze some of the juice over the skin of each poussin.
2. Put some lime slices into each poussin cavity, then tie the legs together with kitchen string. Place the poussin with their breast sides up in a roasting tin and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, make the spicy corn salad. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat, add the corn kernels and green beans and cook for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
4. Whisk the olive oil, lime juice, chilli, sea salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cumin together in a large bowl to combine. Add the corn, green beans, red pepper, spring onion and coriander and stir to combine.
5. Allow to rest for 20 minutes so the flavours can develop. Stir again and serve with the poussin, sprinkled with the coriander leaves.
Rate This Recipe