- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg chicken carcasses
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stick celery
- 2 onions, chopped
- a few stalks parsley
- 6 peppercorns
For the prawn dumplings:
- 500 g raw prawns, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 wonton skins
1. Put the chicken bones, carrot, celery, onion, parsley stalks and peppercorns in a large saucepan with 4 litres of cold water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface.
3. Strain the stock through a fine sieve.
4. Meanwhile make the dumplings. Mix the chopped prawns, coriander, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil and salt together in a bowl.
5. Taking one wonton skin at a time, put a teaspoon of the filling in the middle, run a wet finger around the edge of the skin and then fold it in half to form a triangle.
6. Seal the edges, then bring the two outside corners of the triangle together and pinch then so they stick together. The finished dumplings will resemble tortellini.
7. Heat 1.5 litres of the strained stock in a saucepan and bring it to the boil.
8. Add the dumplings and the peas and cook them for a minute or two until the dumplings float to the surface.
9. To serve, divide the spinach leaves among four bowls and add some dumplings and peas to each. Pour a little of the soup over the top and serve.
Rate This Recipe