- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 400 g prawns, vein removed
- 2 large grapefruit, or 1 large pomelo, peeled and segmented, (see Cook's tip)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 small ripe avocados, chopped into medium sized chunks
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce, such as Blue Dragon
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- pinches brown sugar, to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
Tips and Suggestions
For extra colour and sweetness replace a normal grapefruit with a pink one.
A pomelo looks just like a large grapefruit, except when you peel it, it has a very pale, drier flesh and a pith that can be 4-5cm thick.
1. Add the prawns to a large ban of salted boiling water and cook for about 3-5 minutes until pink and cooked through.
2. Place the grapefruit segments, onion and avocado in a serving dish. Arrange the prawns on top and drizzle with the fish sauce. Toss to mix well.
3. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe