- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 50 g salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 green mango
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g raw prawns, peeled but with the tail section left on
- 2 baby gem lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 spring onions, shredded
Tips and Suggestions
Green mangoes can be found in Chinese or Thai supermarkets
1. Mix together the lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add the shallots and three-quarters of the chopped peanuts and mix well.
3. Peel and coarsely grate the green mangoes and stir into the mixture along with the mint.
4. Heat a wok or large frying pan until hot. Add in the sunflower oil and heat through.
5. Add in the prawns and stir-fry quickly until evenly pink, about 2 minutes.
6. Scatter the lettuce leaves over four serving plates. Spoon the green mango mixture into the centre.
7. Pile the prawns on top, scatter over the remaining chopped peanuts and spring onion and serve.
Rate This Recipe