- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 100 g macadamia nuts
- 1 kg king prawns, peeled, tails left on
- 750 g mixed Chinese vegetables, such as sliced Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots, beansprouts, sliced pak choi
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 75 ml chicken stock, or water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, or plum sauce
1. Heat the oil in a wok, toss in the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and macadamia nuts. Stir fry for 2 minutes, over a high heat, until the macadamias are starting to brown.
2. Add the prawns to the pan and continue frying until they begin to turn colour - about 2-3 minutes. Toss in the vegetables and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until they have just wilted.
3. Mix the cornflour with the chicken stock and stir in the fish sauce, soy and oyster sauces. Pour this sauce mixture into the prawns, and thicken over a high heat, stirring all the time. Add a dash more water or stock if the dish looks as if it needs it. Serve straight away with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe