- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 ml ice cold water
- 1 egg yolks
- 100 g flour
- 6 tiger prawns, de-veined, shells removed
- 150 g mung bean noodles, finely chopped
- 750 ml groundnut oil, for deep-frying
1. Whisk the cold water with the egg yolk and stir into the flour. Mix together until the mixture becomes a smooth batter. Dip the prawns in the batter, shake off any excess, then roll them in the noodles so that they're evenly coated.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the prawns a few at a time over a moderate heat until the coating has turned golden brown and the prawns are tender. Drain on absorbent paper and serve straight away with a sweet chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe