- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 24 raw prawns
- 12 scallops, with roe in tact
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
If you are using wooden skewers make sure you soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
To make this less spicy, just add one tablespoon of curry paste instead of two.
1. Place a medium pan over a medium heat. Once hot add the olive oil, curry paste and caster sugar. Stir and fry off for a few minutes until the mixture starts to caramelise. Add the coconut milk and increase the heat to bring to the boil. When bubbling, reduce back to a medium heat and stir until the mixture has reduced and thickened, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Take a skewer (See cooks tip) and add a prawn, followed by a scallop, then another prawn. Repeat with the other skewers until you have used all the prawns and scallops.
3. Lie the skewers in a tray and pour over the coconut milk mixture. Make sure you pour it onto the prawns and scallops and not the skewers. Griddle on a barbecue or griddle for 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve on a plate and garnish with lime wedges.
See more John Torode recipes.
Rate This Recipe