- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 30 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 115 g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 175 g raw prawns, shelled and de-veined
- 75 g bean sprouts
- 60 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into matchstick strips
- chilli sauce, to serve
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, spring onion, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix in 50ml of water to make a batter.
2. Set the batter aside to rest for 30 minutes.
3. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a work until very hot. Dip a 5cm ladle into the hot oil briefly to warm it.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon full of batter into the warm ladle, tilting it so the batter coats the inside of the ladle.
5. Sprinkle some prawns, bean sprouts and sweet potato over the batter. Top with another tablespoon of battter.
6. Place the ladle in the hot oil and cook until the fritter floats free from the ladle and is golden-brown. Remove the fritter, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm,
7. Repeat the process until all the fritter ingredients have been used up.
8. Serve the freshly-fried fritters with the chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe