- Serves: 4 as a starter, makes 16 balls
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g prawns, deveined and chopped
- 3 cm ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 50 g coriander, chopped
- 1 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 pinches salt
- 750 ml vegetable oil, to deep fry
- 0.5 limes, juice
1. Tip the prawns, ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander, spring onion and cornflour into a food processor - and blend until well mixed. Add the egg, sesame oil, rice wine, soy sauce and salt - blitz once more to combine all the ingredients.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium heat. Drop teaspoons of the mixture into the hot oil and deep fry, turning over when golden on one side.
3. Lift the prawn balls out with a slotted spoon when golden brown - they should take about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper
4. Squeeze lime juice over them before serving and serve straight away with a shop-bought chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe