- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500g raw prawns, peeled
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander roots, plus leaves chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- plain flour, for coating
- sprigs of coriander, optional
- 225 ml vegetable oil
For the coriander dipping sauce:
- 3 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 large green chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 large bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp water
1. Place the prawns, fish sauce, green chilli, garlic, turmeric, white pepper and chopped coriander in a food processor and process to a paste. Fold in the sliced spring onions.
2. Shape the prawn mixture into 8-10 little balls, 3cm in diameter, and roll in flour to coat lightly.
3. To make the dipping sauce, place the garlic, green chillies, palm sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, coriander and water in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Pour into a small serving bowl.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan until hot.
5. Add in the prawn balls and shallow-fry until golden on all sides, around 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve the pork balls with the dipping sauce, coriander sprigs and toothpicks or tiny cocktail forks.
Rate This Recipe