- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 king prawns, shells removed, deveined and roughly chopped
- pinch of chinese five spice
- pinch of sugar
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet of spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil, for frying
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok over a moderate heat and fry the shallot, tomato puree and garlic in the olive oil for 1 minute.
2. Add the prawns, five-spice powder and sugar. Fry until the prawns are cooked through.
3. Add the lettuce cook it until just wilted, and then remove from the pan. Season and cool.
4. Lay out the spring roll pastry. Put a little of the mixture at one end of the pastry and fold into triangles, to form samosa shapes. Seal the edges with the beaten egg. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
5. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 180°C and deep-fry the fritters for about 2 minutes, until golden brown.
Rate This Recipe