- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 free range egg yolks
- 1-2 tbsp wasabi
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar, or Mirin
- 300 ml light olive oil and sunflower oil, mixed
- 2 tbsp medium dry Amontillado sherry
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, finley shredded
- 1 Hass avocado
- 300 g cooked tiger prawns
- 2 spring onions, diagonally sliced
1. Place the egg yolks in a blender with the wasabi paste, almost all of the lime juice (leave a little to toss the avocado in) and vinegar.
2. Season with salt and white pepper.
3. Keeping the motor running, slowly add the oil until you have a nice thick mayonnaise. If it is really thick you may need to add a little water.
4. Stir in the sherry and chill until ready to serve.
5. Cut the avocado into small dice and toss in the remaining lime juice.
6. Mix the sherry into the mayonnaise.
7. Divide the shredded lettuce between four glasses.
8. Top with the avocado and then the prawns.
9. Spoon over the sauce, scatter with spring onions and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe