- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bulbs fennel, finely sliced
- 250 g penne
- 284 ml double cream
- 400 g cooked frozen prawns, defrosted and peeled
- 4 cooked prawns, unpeeled, for garnishing
1. Halve the red peppers and remove stalks. Roast skin-side up under a hot grill until the skin is charred. Put in a freezer bag for 20 minutes - this makes it easier to peel off the skin - remove the skin, scrape off the seeds, and slice.
2. Heat the olive oil and gently cook the garlic until golden, taking care not to let it burn. Add the finely sliced fennel and toss in the oil to coat. Add 3 tablespoons of water, put the lid on the pan and gently steam for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain.
4. Add the prawns, cream and sliced red peppers to the cooked fennel and warm through. Toss the drained pasta with sauce and serve with the peeled prawns sitting proudly on top.
Rate This Recipe