- Serves: 3
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
For the skewers
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch root ginger
- 4 green chillies, seeds removed
- 100 g plain yogurt
- 3 limes, juice only
- 270 g raw king prawns
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red onions
- wooden skewers, pre-soaked in hot water and cut to the length
For the green apple salad
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Nam Pla (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 3 carrots
- handful bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp toasted peanuts
- 4 spring onions
For the dipping sauce
- 60 ml light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 red chilli
1. For the skewers: in a food processor blend together the coriander, garlic, ginger, chillies and lime juice until you have a smooth paste.
2. Pour the paste into a small bowl, add 8 tablespoons of the yogurt and mix well. Add the prawns to the mixture and cover, place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
3. When the prawns are marinated, cut the peppers and onions into cubes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
5. Thread the skewers, alternating prawns, peppers and onions, until all the ingredients are used up. Place a griddle on a high heat.
6. While the griddle heats up, put the skewers on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and finish the skewers on the griddle. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce and green apple salad.
7. For the green apple salad: in a large bowl mix together the lime juice, chillies, sugar, fish sauce, garlic, coriander and vinegar. Whisk together to form the dressing for the salad.
8. Grate the apples and peel and grate the carrots then add to the bowl along with the beansprouts. Toss together so all the ingredients have an even coating of dressing.
9. Garnish with the toasted peanuts and finely chopped spring onions.
10. For the dipping sauce: whisk together the soy sauce and honey, pour into your serving dish and sprinkle with finely sliced red chilli.
Rate This Recipe