- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg raw prawns, shelled
- 25 g shallots, thinly chopped
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml fresh fish stock
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- 350 ml double cream
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- lemon juice, to taste
- 30 g gruyère cheese, diced
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- rice, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add in the prawns and stir and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add in the shallots and cook for a further minute. Pour in the wine and fish stock. Cook briskly and allow to reduce for a minute.
3. Add the mustard and 300ml of double cream. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Squeeze in a little lemon juice to taste and mix in the Gruyere cheese.
5. In a bowl, beat the yolks with the remaining double cream.
6. Take pan from the heat and mix in the yolk mixture and the parsley. Serve with rice.
Rate This Recipe