- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 225 g red, yellow and green peppers, deseeded and cubed
- 700 g ripe tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped or 400g tin of canned chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- A small handful of oregano, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemons
- 150 ml dry white wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g raw tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined, with tails left on
- A bunch of flat leaf parsley, thinly chopped
- 100 g feta cheese
- crusty bread, warm, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. In a large frying pan, over a medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots and and fry the onion until softened, around 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, spring onions and assorted peppers and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Next, stir in the tomatoes, sugar, oregano, lemon juice and wine and season with sea-salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook on a low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce reduces slightly and starts to thicken.
5. Fold in the prawns and chopped parsley (reserving some for garnish) and transfer to an ovenproof earthenware dish. Crumble the feta cheese over the top.
6. Bake the dish in the oven for 10 minutes, until the prawns turn pink and the cheese melts.
7. Sprinkle with the reserved parsley and serve with warm, crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe