- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large red pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1 large yellow pepper, halved and deseeded
- 12 large uncooked tiger prawns, with shells
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 tbsp port
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 12 green olives, pitted
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves picked and sliced
- 1 small bunch mint, leaves picked and sliced
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, halved, cored and finely sliced
- good pinch of paprika
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Place the peppers cut side down on a roasting tray. Roast for 12-15 minutes until the skins begin to brown and blister. Remove from the oven, place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then peel off the skins.
3. Slice the peppers neatly and set aside.
4. Shell the tiger prawns leaving the tail intact. Remove the dark vein running along the back.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the prawns and fry for 4-5 minutes until pink.
6. While the prawns are cooking, put the port and vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly until reduced by half.
7. Add the peppers and warm them through gently.
8. Transfer the pepper and port mixture to a bowl. Add the olives, the olive oil, the lemon zest and juice, and finally the herbs. Season well with salt and pepper, and set aside.
9. Arrange the tomato slices flat on a large serving plate. Season with salt and paprika, top with the prawns and cover with the pepper and port mixture.
Rate This Recipe