- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chinese fermented black beans, rinsed in cold water, drained and mashed
- 10 green prawns, shelled, vein removed
- 150 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour, blended with 2 tbsp cold water
- 200 g dried vermicelli mung bean noodles, soaked in hot water for 5-6 minutes and drained
- 2 large spring onions, finely chopped
1. Heat a wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil. Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds, then stir in the black beans.
2. Add the prawns and stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
3. Season with the soy sauces and stir in the cornflour mixture.
4. Add the noodles and stir until well combined, cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the spring onions.
5. Remove from the heat and serve.
Rate This Recipe