- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g frozen shelled raw prawns, defrosted
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped (or ½ tsp chilli flakes)
- 200 ml double cream
- 125 g mozzarella, torn
- 1 bunches coriander, roughly chopped
1. Make sure the prawns are completely defrosted; I think they defrost fastest in a sieve, occasionally turning a tap on them to hurry things up a bit. Once they are ready, put in a bowl and cover with the lime juice and a couple of splashes of Tabasco. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the red onion and garlic. Gently cook for about 3 minutes before adding the chilli. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Divide the onion mixture between 2 ovenproof gratin dishes. Drain the prawns and divide those equally too. Season well before pouring over the cream, followed by the mozzarella.
4. Preheat the grill to hot. Put the dishes under the grill for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and brown and the prawns are pink.
5. Serve with the coriander scattered on top and a loaf of fresh French bread.
Rate This Recipe