- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 225 g prawns
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil, for frying
For the marinade
- 1 egg whites
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornflour
For the egg mixture
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp chicken stock, or water
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp spring onions, chopped, green part only to garnish
1. Peel the prawns, make a slit down the back of each one and pull out the fine digestive cord with the tip of the knife. Wash the prawns in cold water with a tablespoon of salt, then drain and repeat. Rinse well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Combine the prawns with all the marinade ingredients, mix well and leave in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Put all the ingredients for the egg mixture in a bowl and mix well, then set aside.
4. Heat a wok or a large frying pan until it is very hot and add 1 tablespoon of the groundnut oil. When it is very hot, and slightly smoking, add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
5. Wipe the wok or pan clean, reheat it over a high heat, and then add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Quickly add the egg mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute until the eggs begin to set.
6. Return the prawns to the wok and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute. Garnish with the spring onions and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe