- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the basting oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the skewers
- 24 raw tiger prawns, shelled but tails in tact
- 20 fresh bay leaves
- 1 crusty sourdough bread
- lemon wedges
- handfuls dressed salad leaves
1. To make the basting oil, combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl with plenty of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat a flat griddle or a very large frying pan.
3. Tip the prawns into the basting oil and toss to coat well. Thread 6 prawns through each of 4 metal skewers, alternating the prawns with a bay leaf.
4. When the griddle is smoking hot, add the skewers and cook for about 5 minutes, basting occasionally, and turning at least once.
5. Serve with crusty bread and a dressed salad.
Rate This Recipe