- Serves: 2 as main (with rice) or 3 as starter
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g raw tiger or king prawns
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium-hot chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp rum
- juice of 1/2 large limes
- black pepper
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Pat the prawns dry. Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the prawns, garlic and chilli.
2. Fry, stirring, until the prawns have turned pink.
3. Add in the rum, warm through and ignite.
4. When the flames have died down, stir in the lime juice, sugar, salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Simmer briefly, for 30-60 seconds, then stir in the spring onions and coriander.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning as required. Serve at once with rice.
Rate This Recipe