- Serves: 8 as a starter
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small baguette, sliced into eight 2.5cm slices
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 large clove garlic, lightly crushed
- 1 whole Preseli cheese
- 4 good handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 black olives, pitted
- thyme, leaves onlyto garnish
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of sugar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. To make the crostini, place the bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and rub both sides of the bread with the crushed garlic.
3. Place the cheese on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine the garlic, vinegar, sugar and seasoning in a bowl, mixing well. Add the olive oil and whisk until smooth and well blended.
5. To serve, place some salad leaves in the centre of each plate with a crostini on top. Cut a wedge from the cheese and place on top of the crostini. Arrange the tomatoes and olives around the plate. Spoon over some of the dressing, and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves.
Rate This Recipe