- Serves: Makes 1 large jar
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g rock salt
- 8-10 lemons, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- water, or extra juice of 2 lemonsto cover
1. You will need a large, scrupulously clean Kilner jar or similar large jar.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the salt and lemon quarters.
3. Pack the lemons into the jar, with the bay leaves, peppercorns and all of the salt from the bowl. Try to keep the rinds of the lemons facing outwards as it will look nicer, pressing everything in well as you do so.
4. Pour in the water or extra lemon juice to cover the lemons. Seal the lid, turn upside down a couple of times to mix everything together and store in a cool dark place for 2 weeks until they are ready to use.
Rate This Recipe