- Serves: 8-10
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 round shop bought/homemade sponge cake
- 500 ml double cream
- 200 ml vanilla custard
- 100 ml fresh raspberry jam
- 200 large fresh raspberries
- 1 sheet of green marzipan
- icing sugar, for decoration
1. Cut the sponge cake into three layers.
2. Whisk the cream until stiff. Spread the vanilla custard, and a little of the cream on the bottom layer.
3. Put on the second cake layer and spread the raspberry jam and some of the fresh raspberries.
4. Sandwich the last layer and spoon the remaining whipped cream over the cake. Use a spatula to create a smooth dome-like shape. Dont forget the sides. Gently, put the remaining raspberries in the cream and cover the holes with a spatula.
5. Cover the cake with the marzipan sheet. Gently pull it down the sides to get rid of any wrinkles. Cut off excess marzipan and dust the cake with icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe