- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tbsp canned chopped tomatoes
- black pepper
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 25 g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 225 g button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 24 cooked peeled tiger prawns
- 600 ml double cream
- 200 g gruyère cheese, grated
- pinch of paprika
- melba toast, to serve
1. Preheat a grill. Spread a tablespoon of chopped tomatoes in the bottom of 6 ramekin dishes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle over the mixed herbs.
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Fry the chopped button mushrooms with the garlic in the butter for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are softened and garlic fragrant.
3. Divide the mushrooms into the 6 ramekin dishes, on top of the tomatoes.
4. Arrange 4 or more tiger prawns on top of the mushrooms in each pot.
5. Pour double cream into the pots and top with grated Gruyere cheese and paprika.
6. Cook the ramekins under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and the mixture is bubbling, between 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve hot from the grill with Melba toast.
Rate This Recipe