- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g ready-made puff pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 200 g unsweetened chestnut purée
- 200 g prunes, chopped and soaked in 400ml port
- 225 g cooked long grain rice
- 75 g shelledchopped pistachio nuts
- 3 tbsp port
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Roll the pastry out to form a rectangle measuring 25x33 cm.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft but not coloured.
3. Stir in the chestnut puree and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the prunes, rice, pistachios and port.
5. Season and fold in the parsley. Lay the mixture along the centre of the pastry and brush one edge with the beaten egg wash. Roll up and seal the ends.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until crisp and golden.
Rate This Recipe