- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 375 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
For the filling
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 litres double cream
- 225 ml eggs, custard, cold, thick and sweet
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam, (or strawberry)
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Roll out and trim the pastry, and then brush the surface with water and sprinkle with caster sugar and cinnamon.
3. Fold pastry inwards on both sides to centre.
4. Brush with water again and sprinkle with the caster sugar and cinnamon mix. Fold the pastry over to create a parcel. Cut into heart shaped slices and place them on baking tray. Cook for 7-10 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, whisk the cream until thick and beat in the custard.
6. Sandwich the pastry hearts with a dollop of jam and the whipped cream mixture.
Rate This Recipe