- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 65 g ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onions, sliced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 kg pumpkin, or substitute with butternut squash and cut into small chunks
- 1 litres vegetable stock, good quality
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 pinches coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for five minutes until softened.
2. Add the ground coriander and cumin and stir-fry for a further two minutes. Add the pumpkin and stir to coat well.
3. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
4. Remove from the heat and process in a blender until smooth (this is best done in batches). Add half of the coriander to the last batch.
5.Return the blended soup to the pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the remaining chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Rate This Recipe