- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped into even-sized chunks
- 450 g sweet potatoes, oughly chopped into even-sized chunks
- 2 tsp ground coriander, (optional)
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat the butter. Once melted, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the pumpkin, sweet potato and coriander, if using, mix well and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the stock and season with freshly ground pepper.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
5. Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Ladle into small soup bowls or serve in a scooped-out pumpkin shell with cheesy apple fangs (see link on the left).
Rate This Recipe