- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the ravioli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 500 g pumpkin, or butternut squash, skinned, finely diced
- 100 g butter
- 1 tbsp crumbled amaretti biscuits, (light Italian biscuits with a hint of spice)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 24 wonton wrappers, available from Chinese and Asian stores
For the butter
- 50 g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp sage leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, snipped
- 150 g pancetta, diced
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and add the onions. Cook, over a low heat, until the onions start to soften.
2. Add the butter to the pan, tip in the pumpkin and season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin has softened but still holds its shape.
3. Tip the pumpkin mixture into a bowl and fold in the amoretti biscuit crumbs. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and leave to cool.
4. For the butter, combine the butter with the sage, parsley and chives, adding plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. To finish the ravioli, place 12 wanton wrappers on a board and brush with the lightly whisked egg. Place spoonfuls of the pumpkin mixture in the centre of each wrapper then place a wrapper on top. Make sure that both wrappers are well-pinched so they don't open up while cooking.
6. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Lower the filled ravioli into the water and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just heated through. It's best to do this in batches.
7. While the ravioli are cooking, place a heavy frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the diced pancetta until crisp.
8. Drain the cooked hot ravioli on absorbent paper and divide between 4 warmed pasta dishes. Spoon the soft herb butter over the top and scatter with the pancetta and Parmesan cheese. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe