- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 g butter
- 2 kg pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 crusts of parmesan
- 1 litres chicken stock
- fresh shavings of parmesan
Tips and Suggestions
leftover parmesan cheese crusts can be saved and stored in a plastic bag in the freezer.
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large pan, then add the diced pumpkin, rosemary and garlic along with the parmesan crusts.
2. Let the crusts melt a little and the pumpkin colour slightly for about 10 minutes, then add the stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 30 minutes.
3. Pick out the rosemary sprigs and parmesan crusts and pour the soup into a blender. Liquidise until smooth and return to the pan to heat through.
4. For the mushrooms: heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms until browned and slightly crisp.
5. Divide the mushrooms between six mugs and pour the pumpkin soup on top. Serve with fresh parmesan shavings.
Rate This Recipe