- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 heads puntarelle, an Italian type of chicory
- 1 cloves garlic
- 2 canned anchovy fillets
- 1 lemon, juice only
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes
1. Discard the outer leaves of the puntarelle. Slice the inner shoots, wash well and place in a bowl of iced water until required.
2. Pound the garlic with a pinch of salt in a mortar. Add the anchovies, lemon juice and enough oil to give a pouring consistency and keep grinding until the anchovies have broken up.
3. Add a pinch of dried chilli and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Drain the puntarelle, place in a serving bowl and pour the dressing over. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe