- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 artichokes
- 480 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- crème fraîche, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sweat the onion, celery, and garlic for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the potato and artichoke hearts. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
2. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and then purée with a hand-held blender, or cool slightly and blend in a food processor until smooth.
4. Season to taste with with salt and pepper, then spoon into serving bowls. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche on top, if using.
Rate This Recipe