- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 stalks purple sprouting broccoli, blanched
- 2 slices white sourdough bread
- oil, for frying
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baby capers
- squeeze lemon juice
For the anchoiade
- small handful black olives, pitted and chopped
- 6-7 salted anchovy fillets, in oil, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 25 g butter
- 25 ml olive oil
- splashes red wine vinegar
1. Blanch the purple sprouting broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, or until just cooked but still retaining a bite.
2. For the anchoiade: place all the ingredients for the anchoiade in a mortar and grind to a paste with a pestle, or alternatively use a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
3. Heat a griddle pan until very hot and toast the sourdough slices. Spread the toasts with the anchoiade.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the egg with the capers until the capers pop and the egg is just cooked.
5. Place the broccoli on the toasts, squeeze on a little lemon juice and top with the egg and capers.
Rate This Recipe