- Serves: makes 2 pizzas
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hours rising time
- Effort: easy
- 7 g sachet of fast-action yeast
- 500 g plain flour, plus extra for rolling
- couple of handfuls of polenta
- 400 g thick spicy pork sausage meat, or chorizo, skins removed
- 300 g purple sprouting broccoli, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 300 g mozzarella, grated
- 50 g stilton cheese, broken into chunks
- 16 pepperdew peppers, halved
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
1. Add the yeast to 350ml warm water; let it sit for 5 minutes. Place the flour in a bowl with 1 teaspoon salt, stir, then slowly pour in the yeast, mixing as you go. Knead on a floured surface for about 10 minutes then place in a large, oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for 1-2 hours until it has doubled in size.
2. Turn your oven to its highest temperature and place a baking sheet on the bottom. Sprinkle some polenta on another baking sheet and set aside.
3. Cut the sausages into chunks and brown in a pan until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for 2 minutes, drain, rinse and dry with a clean tea towel.
4. Divide the dough in half and roll one piece out, keeping the other covered. Place the rolled out dough on the polenta and cover with half the sausage, broccoli, cheeses, peppadews and crushed chillies. Repeat for the second pizza. Open the oven and shift the pizzas on to the hot baking sheet, the polenta will help it slide over easily.
5. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden on the sides and crisp underneath.
Recipe from Morrisons.
Love this? See lots more pizza recipes.
Rate This Recipe