- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 300 g purple sprouting broccoli
- 6 eggs
- 6-12 slices pancetta, (depending whether starter or main course)
For the dressing
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- balsamic vinegar, (optional)
1. Trim the broccoli at the base and cut into small pieces. Season.
2. Steam or boil the broccoli until just tender, for approximately 4-5 minutes. At the same time cook the eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes then immediately plunge them in cold water.
3. For the dressing: whisk all the ingredients together. As soon as the broccoli is cooked put it into a dish and cover with the dressing.
4. Cook the pancetta in its own fat in a hot frying pan or griddle.
5. Divide the broccoli between six plates and spoon over the dressing. Lay the slices of pancetta on top.
6. Peel the eggs and put one on top of each serving, gently breaking the egg so that the yolk starts to run out. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe