- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 stalks purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 small pinches English mustard powder
- 1 duck egg
- 1 slices Seasalter ham, or Serrano ham, torn into 3 pieces
- a few seasonal salad leaves, to serve (see Cook's note)
For the dressing
- 2 tsp blood orange juice
- 1/2 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 60 ml olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
Try to find baby salad leaves if possible, for example rocket, watercress and baby beetroot.
1. For the dressing: in a small bowl, combine the orange juice, icing sugar, both vinegars and olive oil with a little salt to taste and whisk until amalgamated.
2. Remove the florets from 1 stalk of sprouting broccoli. Using a stick blender, blend the broccoli florets with the mustard powder and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper until the mixture has a couscous-like consistency.
3. Cook the remaining stalks of the broccoli for 50 seconds on High in the microwave or blanch for 1-2 minutes in boiling water.
4. Bring a small pan of water to the boil and poach the duck egg for 6-7 minutes.
5. To serve, put the poached egg on a plate and surround it with the ham, broccoli, salad leaves and a teaspoon of the broccoli couscous. Drizzle with the dressing.
Rate This Recipe